Chilli tomato and prawn pasta
- March 2013
- Serves 4
- 5 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
A quick Mediterranean-style pasta dish that’s made with chilli, tomato and prawn – perfect for an easy, healthy dinner.
If this isn’t quite what you’re after, we’ve got a similar chilli prawn and spinach linguine recipe for you to try.
- 8.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 67.9g (10.3g sugars)
- 350g spaghetti
- 7 large vine tomatoes, chopped (see tip)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli paste, see tip (we used Very Lazy Hot Chilli Paste)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 300g raw king prawns
- Half a small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, then return to the pan with a good splash of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry pan over a high heat. Add the chopped tomatoes, then cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pan lid and add the oil, garlic, chilli paste and vinegar. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pan lid, then add the prawns to the tomato sauce and cook until they are just pink. Add the cooked pasta and chopped parsley to the pan and toss to combine, then serve.
You can use a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes and a chopped fresh chilli, if you prefer
Watch our handy video to see the recipe in action:
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s chilli prawn tagliatelle
Just seven ingredients going into this tasty prawn pasta recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes...