Chilli tomato and prawn pasta
- March 2013
- Serves 4
- 5 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
A quick Mediterranean-style pasta dish that’s made with chilli, tomato and prawn – perfect for an easy, healthy dinner.
If this isn’t quite what you’re after, we’ve got a similar chilli prawn and spinach linguine recipe for you to try.
- 8.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 67.9g (10.3g sugars)
- 350g spaghetti
- 7 large vine tomatoes, chopped (see tip)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli paste, see tip (we used Very Lazy Hot Chilli Paste)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 300g raw king prawns
- Half a small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, then return to the pan with a good splash of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry pan over a high heat. Add the chopped tomatoes, then cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pan lid and add the oil, garlic, chilli paste and vinegar. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pan lid, then add the prawns to the tomato sauce and cook until they are just pink. Add the cooked pasta and chopped parsley to the pan and toss to combine, then serve.
Can I use cooked king prawns?
Yes, but they can just be added last minute to simply heat through.
What pasta shape is best to use?
Long pastas are best - spaghetti or linguini.
How much chilli to add?
Add to suit your taste. Start with a large pinch then add more if you like it spicy
You can use a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes and a chopped fresh chilli, if you prefer
Watch our handy video to see the recipe in action:
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s chilli prawn tagliatelle
Just seven ingredients going into this tasty prawn pasta recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...