Thai chicken curry
- February 2008
- Serves 4 people
- Takes 30 minutes
No-one can resist this fragrant Thai chicken curry recipe , especially when it’s this quick and easy to make. If you can’t manage to eat it all for dinner, the leftovers make a great noodle salad.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 20.7g (13.1g saturated)
- 11.3g (2.6g sugar)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 600ml chicken stock
- 2 lemongrass stalks, thickly sliced
- 4 tbsp good-quality green curry paste
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large aubergine, cubed
- 250g cooked Thai jasmine rice
- 2 red chillies
- 100g beansprouts
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 limes
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the shallots and garlic for a few minutes until golden. Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, lemongrass and curry paste and bring to the boil, stirring, until the paste dissolves.
- Add the chicken and aubergine to the pan and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls, then spoon over the curry.
- Pile the chillies, beansprouts and basil on top and serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Rate & review