Thai green curry with chicken and green beans
- June 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 15 min
A super-easy, healthy Thai curry recipe made with green beans. fresh coriander andchicken thighs.
- 11g (4.5g saturated)
- 4.1g (2.6g sugars)
- 1 tbsp light oil, such as groundnut, for frying
- 400g boneless, skinless free- range chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp mix chopped fresh coriander and basil to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Briefly fry the chicken pieces until they start to brown.
- Stir through the curry paste to coat the chicken, then fry for another minute or so. Add the shallots, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir well. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and a splash of water if the sauce is looking a bit dry. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes or until the beans soften. Serve sprinkled with the herbs.
Serve with white or brown rice for a more substantial meal.
You could use asparagus, broccoli or mangetout instead of green beans.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Thai red chicken curry
Use this recipe for easy red curry paste for an authentic, fragrant Thai chicken curry...