The best cheeseboard
- December 2006
- Serves 6-8
- Ready in 10 minutes
This cheeseboard can be prepared in minutes and makes the perfect end to a dinner party.
- Vegetarian recipes
- Cornish Yarg
- Saint Agur
- Pi D’Angloy
- Crackers or crisp flatbreads, to serve
- Ripe fragrant fruits, such as figs and pears, to serve
- Freshly shelled nuts, such as walnuts, to serve
- We’ve chosen a semi-hard Cornish Yarg, with its characteristic green nettle leaf rind, moist, crumbly yet creamy texture and gentle tang; a creamy French blue, Saint Agur, which is strong yet soft and melts in the mouth; and finally Pi D’Angloy, a full-bodied, rich, soft cheese from Burgundy, with a fruity flavour and a soft edible rind.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers or crisp flatbreads; ripe fragrant fruits, such as figs and pears; and some freshly shelled nuts, such as walnuts.
The trick to putting together a good cheeseboard is to choose just three cheeses, but make sure they show a variety in texture and flavour.
Rate & review