Hot cheesy brunch croissants
- December 2004
- Serves 1
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 10-12 minutes in the oven
Give breakfast a savoury twist with this hot cheesy brunch criossant recipe.
- 1 croissant (the long, straight ones work better than crescent-shaped ones)
- Fresh four-cheese sauce (300g will fill 8 croissants in all)
- Few tomato slices
- Slice of good ham
- Handful grated extra-mature Cheddar
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Split the croissant lengthways along the top. Fill with a couple of spoonfuls of four-cheese sauce. Add the tomato slices, ham and, finally, the Cheddar. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pop onto a baking sheet and bake at 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 for 10-12 minutes until piping hot. Sprinkle with the chives to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This easy to assemble recipe gives children a chance to get involved with preparing breakfast....