- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
An easy, flavour packed recipe that’ll have you passing on a Friday night Chinese takeaway.
- 10.3g (1g saturated)
- 42.3g (6g sugars)
- 200g fine egg noodles
- 2½ tbsp vegetable oil
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- Large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 250g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 160g marinated tofu pieces (we used Cauldron)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Chilli flakes
- Put the noodles into a large pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, then drain and refresh with running cold water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat, then fry the ginger, garlic and onion, stirring often, until the onion has softened. Add the broccoli florets and shiitake mushrooms and continue to stir-fry until all the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a medium frying pan and cook the tofu for 5 minutes or until crisp. Add the noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce and tofu to the wok, then cook, stirring, until the noodles have warmed through. Serve with a scattering of chilli flakes.
Rate & review