Tomato and courgette gratin with sourdough crumbs
- August 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 30 min
The taste of courgettes and tomatoes shines through in this crispy courgette gratin recipe. Serve with a simple salad for the perfect summer supper.
- 12.4g (3g saturated)
- 21.4g (14.7g sugars)
- 3 large courgettes
- Splash of olive oil
- 7 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 salted anchovy fillets
- 1 handful each of fresh basil, oregano and parsely
- 50g sourdough bread
- Good grating of parmesan, or a vegetarian alternative
- Heat the oven to 210°C/fan190°C/gas 6½. Cut the courgettes diagonally into 0.5cm slices. Heat a large frying pan with a splash of olive oil, then fry the courgettes in batches for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Thickly slice the tomatoes, then put them in a 1.2 litre ovenproof dish with the fried courgettes. Drizzle with olive oil, season, then roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are shrivelled.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and finely chop the anchovy fillets, then fry in a little olive oil over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until golden.
- Roughly chop the fresh basil, oregano and parsley, then scatter over the roasted vegetables. Top with the onion mixture.
- Tear the sourdough bread into small pieces, then scatter over the gratin with a good grating of parmesan. Cook for 5-10 minutes until golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...