Twice-spiced coriander chicken skewers
- July 2008
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 green chilli, deseeded
- 30g fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 75g ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 2½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 4 large, free-range skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 4 long strips
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Green salad, to serve
- Whizz the onion, chilli, fresh and ground coriander, apricots, fish sauce and lime juice in a food processor to make a marinade.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and stir in three-quarters of the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers and put on a non-stick baking sheet. Grill for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, stir the remaining marinade into the yogurt with the garlic. Serve 2 skewers each with the garlic yogurt and a green salad.
This marinade is also perfect for pork and lamb fillets.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken thigh recipes
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette,...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter