Walnut pesto pasta with peas and goat’s cheese
- August 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
A quick and simple dinner that’s packed full of fresh herby and nutty flavour.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 32.5g (7.3g saturated)
- 61.5g (3.6g)
- 300g fusilli
- 50g fresh basil
- 25g fresh mint
- 40g rocket
- 60g shelled walnuts
- 1 lemon
- 80-100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g fresh or frozen peas
- 80g soft creamy goat’s cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, then add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, pick the basil and mint leaves, put in a food processor with the rocket and walnuts, finely grate in the zest of the lemon and whizz to form a rough paste. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Taste and season with salt, pepper and a little juice from the lemon.
- When the pasta is nearly done, add the peas for the final 1-2 minutes. Lightly drain the pasta and peas, then put back into the pot with the pesto, stir well to combine, taste and season. Break up the goat’s cheese and scatter over to serve.
Rate & review