Warm goat’s cheese and courgette salad
- July 2011
- For 2-4 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
This courgette salad with goat’s cheese, rocket and toasted pine nuts make a mouthwatering combo in this vegetarian summer dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 35g (9.7g saturated)
- 2.2g (1.9g sugars)
For 4 servings
- 2 courgettes, peeled into ribbons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g goat’s cheese from a log, cut into rounds
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- Toss the courgettes in 1½ tbsp of the olive oil. Heat a griddle until smoking, then cook the courgettes for 1 minute on each side until charred and tender. Put in a serving dish.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and put the goat’s cheese on a tray lined with foil. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with black pepper. Grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Mix the lemon zest and juice with the garlic in a small bowl. Season and whisk in the extra- virgin olive oil. Pour over the courgettes, add the pine nuts and rocket, then toss. Top with the cheese and let your guests help themselves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato, rocket and goats cheese salad
Anjum Anand’s healthy Ayurvedic salad recipe. Follow the link below to find out your body...