Giant couscous with courgette, fig and goat’s cheese
- August 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 minutes
A quick, easy to make veggie recipe made with giant couscous, courgettes, fresh mint, figs and goat’s cheese. Perfect for midweek, especially in summer and early autumn.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 23.3g (7.2g saturated)
- 31.6g (6.7g sugars)
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 200g giant couscous
- 3 medium courgettes
- 1 lemon
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 4 ripe figs
- 125g soft goat’s cheese
- Boil the water in a kettle, put the ½ stock cube in a jug, then pour over 200ml hot water and mix well. Put the giant couscous into a large heatproof bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover with cling film and leave for 20 minutes to soften, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, slice the courgettes into long, thin ribbons. Squeeze over the juice of the lemon and season well, then leave for at least 15 minutes to marinate.
- Chop the mint leaves. When the couscous is soft and has absorbed all or most of the stock, drain if necessary, then toss with the courgettes, chopped mint, walnuts and walnut oil. Season generously.
- Divide the couscous mixture among plates. Slice the figs lengthways. Top each plate with sliced figs, then crumble over the goat’s cheese and serve.
Next time use a large ripe peach instead of figs and replace the goat’s cheese with mozzarella.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer salads and sides
Roasted tomato, giant couscous, feta and basil salad
A simple salad recipe that brings into play the classic winning combination of tomato and...
Warm salad of asparagus, giant couscous and chorizo
With simple, easy-to-prepare ingredients this warm salad recipe can be whipped up in no time,...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...