Warm potato, chicory and steak salad
- April 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 15 min to cook
This lovely warm salad recipe with juicy sirloin steak and griddled, slightly charred chicory, makes a wonderful lunch or light supper.
- 18.2g (3.7g saturated)
- 23g (3.1g sugar)
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- 2 chicory, quartered
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Large handful lamb’s lettuce
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush the chicory and steaks with 1 tbsp of the oil. Heat a griddle pan until smoking, then griddle the chicory for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway, until slightly softened. Set aside. Season the steaks and griddle for 1-3 minutes each side, then set aside to rest.
- For a dressing, whisk the lemon juice with the sugar and garlic, season, then whisk in the mustard. Gradually whisk in the remaining oil.
- Mix the warm new potatoes with the chicory and spring onion and toss in the dressing. Slice the steaks into strips and toss with the salad and the lamb’s lettuce.
You use two steaks here to serve four in this warm salad recipe, making it a great way to stretch expensive ingredients without compromising on flavour.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter