Steak tagliata with crispy fried gnocchi
- May 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Make comfort food of the quick and light variety for dinner tonight with this riff on steak tagliata. Flash fried steak is served with crispy, buttery gnocchi, rocket and tomatoes and then drizzled in a balsamic dressing.
Or stay true to the original with our recipe for classic steak tagliata.
- 26.4g (6.1g saturated)
- 28.5g (5.1g sugars)
- 2 x 200g rump or sirloin steaks
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 300g pack of fresh gnocchi
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp each of chopped fresh tarragon and parsley
- Pack of rocket salad
- 4-6 tomatoes (mixed heritage ones if you can find them)
- Fresh basil, parmesan shavings and black pepper, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Brush the steaks with olive oil, then season. Griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium – or to your liking. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Meanwhile, heat 2tbsp of the olive oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan, then fry the pack of fresh gnocchi for 5-6 minutes until golden and heated through. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and fresh tarragon and parsley. Lightly season.
- Arrange the rocket salad over a platter with the tomatoes (mixed heritage ones if you can find them), cut into wedges, then scatter over the crispy fried gnocchi and steak, drizzle with the herby balsamic dressing and serve scattered with fresh basil, parmesan shavings and black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Steak tagliata with roast beetroot, watercress, walnuts and mustard dressing
Debbie Major serves this classic Italian steak recipe with earthy beetroot and crunchy walnuts, all...