Warm salad of pear, scallop and chorizo
- November 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This pear, scallop and chorizo dish is a warm salad that’s quick, easy and ideal for serving, as a starter, at a dinner party.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 21.5g (1.9g saturated)
- 24.4g (15.2g sugars)
- 100g chorizo, skinned and thinly sliced
- 12 fresh scallops, shucked and washed but whole with orange roe left on
- 2 medium, firm pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Bunch of watercress, washed and destalked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan. When hot, add the chorizo and dry-fry until just beginning to brown – it will release its own oil after 30 seconds or so. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper.
- Add the scallops to the pan and sear in the chorizo oil for about 1 minute on each side. Remove and set aside with the chorizo.
- Finally, add the pear slices and fry quite briskly to caramelise a little. Once you have turned them, add the vinegar and swirl the pears around in it for a few seconds, then tip it all into a bowl. Add the scallops, chorizo, watercress and oil. Season with salt (not pepper in case the chorizo has a kick of its own). Serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Scallops with lemon, basil and chilli brown butter
We used delicious. Produce Award-winning scallops, from The Ethical Shellfish Company, to create this simple...