Warm salad of pear, scallop and chorizo
- November 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This pear, scallop and chorizo dish is a warm salad that’s quick, easy and ideal for serving, as a starter, at a dinner party.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 21.5g (1.9g saturated)
- 24.4g (15.2g sugars)
- 100g chorizo, skinned and thinly sliced
- 12 fresh scallops, shucked and washed but whole with orange roe left on
- 2 medium, firm pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Bunch of watercress, washed and destalked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan. When hot, add the chorizo and dry-fry until just beginning to brown – it will release its own oil after 30 seconds or so. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper.
- Add the scallops to the pan and sear in the chorizo oil for about 1 minute on each side. Remove and set aside with the chorizo.
- Finally, add the pear slices and fry quite briskly to caramelise a little. Once you have turned them, add the vinegar and swirl the pears around in it for a few seconds, then tip it all into a bowl. Add the scallops, chorizo, watercress and oil. Season with salt (not pepper in case the chorizo has a kick of its own). Serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Scallops with lemon, basil and chilli brown butter
We used delicious. Produce Award-winning scallops, from The Ethical Shellfish Company, to create this simple...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...