White chocolate strawberry-centre muffins
- June 2010
- Serves 12
- Takes 10 min to make, 20-25 min to cook, plus cooling
These may look like ordinary white chocolate muffins, but the centre holds a scrumptious surprise.
- 19.4g (11.2g saturated)
- 52.3 (27.7g sugar)
- 375g self-raising flour
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 250g white chocolate,
- roughly chopped
- 3 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 150g butter, melted
- 200g natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 12 strawberries, hulled
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar and chocolate in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Beat together the eggs, melted butter, yogurt and milk, then stir briskly into the dry ingredients. Don’t worry if it’s a bit lumpy. It’s important not to over-mix, otherwise the muffins will lose their lightness.
- Divide the mixture among the cases, and then push a strawberry into each muffin, making sure it’s completely enclosed by the batter. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before lifting on to a rack to cool completely.
Rate & review