Strawberry and vanilla baked cheesecake
- June 2014
- Serves 12
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 60-70 min
Strawberries are the hero in this beautiful baked cheesecake recipe. You can make the recipe the day before serving, making it perfect for a summer dinner party.
- 38.9g (22.5g saturated)
- 37.6g (23.6g sugars)
For the cheesecake
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 60g melted butter
- 6-7g tub freeze-dried strawberries (from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Ocado)
- 600g full-fat cream cheese
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Grated zest and juice 2 large lemons
- 3 medium free-range eggs, plus 2 yolks
- 200ml soured cream
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
For the topping
- 500g small British strawberries, some halved, some left whole
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Good splash Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- Juice ½ lemon
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/ gas 3. Crush the digestives to fine crumbs, then mix in the melted butter and freeze-dried strawberries. Press into the base of a 20cm springform cake tin to cover completely. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Using an electric hand whisk, whip the cream cheese with the rest of the cheesecake ingredients in a bowl until light and fluffy. Spoon evenly over the chilled base, then bake for 60-70 minutes until set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Turn off the oven with the cheesecake inside and allow to cool completely (see tips).
- About 30 minutes before serving, put the strawberries with all the other topping ingredients into a bowl, stir to coat, then leave to macerate. Remove the cheesecake from the tin, decorate with the macerated strawberries and serve.
Make the cheesecake the day before. Once cooled, remove from the tin onto a plate and chill in the fridge. Take out of the fridge half an hour before you want to serve and make the strawberry topping to finish off.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...