What to do with leftover madeira
Madeira is a fortified wine, which is a popular addition used in cooking. Use up leftover madeira in your cooking by trying these recipes.
Recipes using madeira
- Saffron-poached pear, madeira and ginger trifle
- Madeira-glazed chorizo with leeks and new potatoes
- Wild mushroom and madeira stew with walnuts
How to use up leftover madeira
- Boozy cream Stir leftover madeira into Crème fraîche or whipped cream and dollop onto your favourite cake or pudding.
- Bread pudding Beat together 4 free-range eggs, 240ml double cream and 240ml whole milk with 120ml madeira in a bowl. Arrange slices of white bread cut into triangles in an ovenproof dish, pour over the egg mixture and sprinkle over a couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar. Dot with butter and bake at 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3 for 20-25 minutes until just wobbly in the centre. Best served warm.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...