What to do with leftover polenta
Creamy and delicious, leftover polenta makes a great alternative to mashed potato, bread and pasta, and provides a warming and substantial meal.
Recipes using polenta
- Sweet potato, polenta and sweetcorn veggie burgers
- One-pot chilli with a polenta cobbler crust
- Turkey saltimbocca with parmesan polenta
- Polenta pizza with cherry tomatoes and dolcelatte
- Strawberry and polenta shortcake
How to use up leftover polenta
- Polenta chips. Coat potato wedges with a little oil, then coat with polenta. Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with more oil. Bake in a hot oven until cooked and golden, then grate parmesan over and flash under a hot grill.
- Polenta canapé. Cook polenta according to the packet instructions, adding a generous knob of butter and plenty of salt. Once cooked, chill in a flat rectangular baking dish in the fridge for a couple of hours. Slice into triangles, lightly oil and season, then fry or griddle over a high heat until golden. Top with goat’s cheese and olive tapenade.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...