What to do with leftover polenta
Creamy and delicious, leftover polenta makes a great alternative to mashed potato, bread and pasta, and provides a warming and substantial meal.
Recipes using polenta
- Sweet potato, polenta and sweetcorn veggie burgers
- One-pot chilli with a polenta cobbler crust
- Turkey saltimbocca with parmesan polenta
- Polenta pizza with cherry tomatoes and dolcelatte
- Strawberry and polenta shortcake
How to use up leftover polenta
- Polenta chips. Coat potato wedges with a little oil, then coat with polenta. Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with more oil. Bake in a hot oven until cooked and golden, then grate parmesan over and flash under a hot grill.
- Polenta canapé. Cook polenta according to the packet instructions, adding a generous knob of butter and plenty of salt. Once cooked, chill in a flat rectangular baking dish in the fridge for a couple of hours. Slice into triangles, lightly oil and season, then fry or griddle over a high heat until golden. Top with goat’s cheese and olive tapenade.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe