Polenta pizza with cherry tomatoes and dolcelatte
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25-30 min
Skip the takeaway: this gluten-free polenta pizza is bursting with Italian flavours and takes just 20 minutes to put together.
Take a look at our polenta recipes collection for more easy meal ideas.
- 16.9g (9g saturated)
- 54.5g (10.5g sugars)
- 2 courgettes, very thinly sliced lengthways with a vegetable peeler 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 600ml milk
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 400ml freshly boiled water
- 250g instant polenta
- 50g cheddar, grated
- 80ml passata
- 80g dolcelatte cheese, thinly sliced
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Spread the courgettes and tomatoes over a large baking sheet, then drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate (set the baking sheet aside and leave the oven switched on).
- Meanwhile, put the milk and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Put the polenta in a jug. When the liquid comes to the boil, pour in the polenta and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble. Turn down the heat, then stir in the cheddar and season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheesy polenta onto the baking sheet and spread out into a thin, even round. Spread over the passata (don’t worry that there is only a very thin layer). Top with the roasted veg and dolcelatte. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, then garnish with basil leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Caramelised onion chutney and goat’s cheese tortilla pizza
Using tortillas as pizza bases cuts down on time and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter