Polenta pizza with cherry tomatoes and dolcelatte
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25-30 min
Skip the takeaway, this polenta pizza is bursting with Italian flavours and takes just 20 minutes to put together.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 16.9g (9g saturated)
- 54.5g (10.5g sugars)
- 2 courgettes, very thinly sliced lengthways with a vegetable peeler 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 600ml milk
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 400ml freshly boiled water
- 250g instant polenta
- 50g cheddar, grated
- 80ml passata
- 80g dolcelatte cheese, thinly sliced
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Spread the courgettes and tomatoes over a large baking sheet, then drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate (set the baking sheet aside and leave the oven switched on).
- Meanwhile, put the milk and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Put the polenta in a jug. When the liquid comes to the boil, pour in the polenta and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble. Turn down the heat, then stir in the cheddar and season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheesy polenta onto the baking sheet and spread out into a thin, even round. Spread over the passata (don’t worry that there is only a very thin layer). Top with the roasted veg and dolcelatte. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, then garnish with basil leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Three-cheese pizza biancas
Nothing beats a homemade pizza. We’ve swapped the usual tomato sauce for cheese, cheese and...