Sweet potato and sweetcorn vegan burgers
- July 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 25 min
Try our quick and easy vegan burgers for your dinner tonight. Made with sweet potato and sweetcorn, they’re ready in less than an hour and a doddle to make.
Looking for something else? We’ve got over 200 vegan recipes for you to try.
- Vegan recipes
- 6.4g (1.1g saturated)
- 78.8g (8.6g sugars)
- 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
- 100g quick-cook polenta
- 150g frozen sweetcorn (defrosted)
- ½ red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Small handful of oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, lightly toasted and crushed
- 4 toasted burger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Sliced avocado, optional
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Bring a medium pan of salted water to the boil and cook the sweet potatoes for 7-8 minutes, then drain and put into a large mixing bowl. Add the polenta, sweetcorn, onion, garlic, oregano, fennel seeds and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and coat each one in a little extra polenta. Put the patties on a roasting tray, brush all over with oil, then bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and piping hot throughout. Serve in 4 toasted burger buns with sliced tomatoes, avocado, mustard and vegan mayonnaise.
Rate & review