Turkey saltimbocca with Parmesan polenta
- February 2008
- Serves 2 people
- Ready in 15 minutes
Worthy of any Italian restaurant, this quick and flavoursome turkey saltimbocca with Parmesan polenta recipe is on the table in just 15 minutes.
- 2 thin turkey steaks
- 2 slices Parma ham
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 75ml Marsala or white wine
- 125g quick-cook polenta
- 25g grated Grana Padano or Parmesan
- Grated Grana Padano or Parmesan and seasonal greens, to serve
- Bring 500ml salted water to the boil in a pan.
- Meanwhile, season the turkey steaks, wrap the slices of Parma ham around the middle of each, tying on top to secure. Tuck 2 fresh sage leaves into each.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the turkey and cook for 2 minutes each side, until golden. Add the Marsala or white wine and bubble until reduced by half and the turkey is cooked through.
- Divide the turkey between 2 warm serving plates and drizzle over the sauce. Stir the polenta into the boiling water, reduce the heat slightly and cook according to the pack instructions, until thick. Stir in 25g grated Grana Padano or Parmesan and some black pepper.
- Spoon alongside the turkey and serve with extra grated Grana Padano or Parmesan and seasonal greens.
Rate & review