What to do with leftover shaoxing wine
See how to use the drips and drabs of this traditional Chinese rice wine, use instead of dry sherry for a similar effect.
- Warm baby veg salad with Goat’s curd
- Squid ink tagliatelle with crispy chorizo
- Sherry and wild mushroom sauce
How to use up left over shaoxing wine
- Chicken marinade. Mix 2 parts shaoxing wine to one part soy, then add a dash of peanut oil and chopped fresh ginger, chilli and garlic. Use to marinate chicken thighs for 1 hour before cooking.
- Beef noodle salad. Combine shaoxing wine, toasted sesame oil, Chinese rice wine vinegar and a few ground Szechuan peppercorns. Add strips of seared beef with their resting juices, then toss with cooked rice noodles, fresh coriander, lime and peanuts.