What to do with leftover shaoxing wine
See how to use the drips and drabs of this traditional Chinese rice wine, use instead of dry sherry for a similar effect.
- Warm baby veg salad with Goat’s curd
- Squid ink tagliatelle with crispy chorizo
- Sherry and wild mushroom sauce
How to use up left over shaoxing wine
- Chicken marinade. Mix 2 parts shaoxing wine to one part soy, then add a dash of peanut oil and chopped fresh ginger, chilli and garlic. Use to marinate chicken thighs for 1 hour before cooking.
- Beef noodle salad. Combine shaoxing wine, toasted sesame oil, Chinese rice wine vinegar and a few ground Szechuan peppercorns. Add strips of seared beef with their resting juices, then toss with cooked rice noodles, fresh coriander, lime and peanuts.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter