What to do with leftover sriracha
Sriracha is a tangy, spicy Thai hot sauce and popular kitchen staple. Check out our 5 favourite ways to use up this tasty versatile condiment.
Recipes using sriracha
- Refried beans baked with green rice and eggs
- Bibimbap (Korean rice bowl)
- Miso and maple aubergine ‘steak’ burger
- Aussie egg in a hole
- Nasi Goreng
How to use up leftover srirarcha
- Asian omelette. Beat together 4 free-range eggs with a dash of soy sauce and some seasoning ( go easy on the salt as soy is salty). Stir in a couple of finely chopped shallots, then cook in a frying pan with a little oil until firm at the edge but still a bit wobbly in the middle. Top with pickled carrots and sriracha.
- Spicy ribs. Rub pork ribs in a mixture of sriracha, tomato sauce and a pinch of salt and sugar, then cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Zippy dip. Mix sriracha sauce with a bit of soy sauce and sliced fresh ginger. Use as a dip for spring rolls or dumplings.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter