- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120g sliced cooking chorizo
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 75ml white wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g sliced roasted peppers
- 200g tinned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 450g sustainable skinless cod fillet
- A handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo and fry until just starting to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside.
- Finely the onion then, in the same pan, soften it for 8 minutes over a low heat. Stir through the paprika and the chilli flakes and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the white wine, chopped tomatoes, roasted peppers and chickpeas. Season well, mix and bring to a simmer.
- Chop the cod fillet into large chunks and add to the pan along with the crisp chorizo. Bubble gently for 3 minutes or until the cod is just cooked through. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if need be. Sprinkle over a handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and serve with creamy mash or garlic bread.
- To freeze: make the sauce, then cool. Mix in the uncooked cod and freeze. Defrost before finishing the recipe.