- 2 carrots, grated
- Large handful fresh beansprouts
- Large handful fresh mint (about 30g), plus extra leaves to garnish
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced, plus an extra sliced chilli with seeds to garnish
- 3 ready-to-eat chicken breasts, finely sliced
For the dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Put the carrots, beansprouts, mint leaves, shallots and chillies in a large bowl and gently toss together (you can add 1 finely sliced head of Chinese leaf for a bulkier salad if you like). Set aside.
- For the dressing, put the garlic, sugar, rice vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, vegetable oil and some freshly ground black pepper into a small bowl and whisk well.
- Divide the salad between 4 bowls. Add the cooked, sliced chicken, toss well and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the extra mint, chilli and seeds.
- Wine note: Something vibrant and zesty is needed with this, such as New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.