11 not-your-everyday Easter eggs
From ostrich to goose (not literally) to 100 per cent vegan Easter eggs, we’ve rounded up the weird and wonderful from 2018’s chocolatey collection. Make yourself a cuppa and have a flick through these fabulous cocoa creations. Warning: they’re not for the faint-hearted.
1. Abel and Cole’s XXL marbled chocolate egg
XXL is how you’ll be feeling if you eat this all in one go. 1.25kg of unadulterated chocolate. Go big or go home we say.
A chocolate egg filled with chocolate eggs filled with peanut butter. Now you’re talking.
3. Hotel Chocolat’s classic giant ostrich Easter egg
If there’s one thing Hotel Chocolat do better than chocolate, it’s decadence. This GIANT ostrich egg is packed with crunchy cookie pieces, puffed rice, and crispy feuilletine, filled with six golden eggs and served with a tray of 27 pralines, caramels, truffles…you get the idea.
4. Prestat’s popping prosecco Easter egg
Milk chocolate +prosecco + popping candy = what’s not to love?
5. Artisan du Chocolat’s pineapple Easter egg
Yes, that is an Easter egg. Well, it’s a pineapple Easter egg, filled with dark chocolate piña colada truffles. But it’s made of chocolate so we’ll take it.
6. Fortnum and Mason’s speckled goose eggs
Go up-market this year with a box of gorgeously hand-painted speckled goose eggs. They may even be too pretty to eat…
7. Thorntons fudge brownie dessert Easter egg
Fudge. Brownie. Dessert. We’re sold.
8. Betty’s medium milk chocolate spring flowers egg
This Easter egg is a floral masterpiece. It deserves to be given to someone special.
9. Booja Booja’s hazelnut crunch Easter egg
In at number 9, is this vegan hazelnut crunch version by Booja Booja. And not a hint of dairy in sight.
10. Marks and Spencer’s fruit and nut milk chocolate lattice egg
Trust M&S to create something fabulously luxurious. This milk chocolate egg bejewelled with pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds, raisins and cherries certainly does them justice.
11. Divine milk chocolate popcorn Easter egg
If you’ve never eaten Joe and Seph’s sweet and salty caramel popcorn (where have you been?), try munching on the crunchy stuff embedded in a thick layer of Divine milk chocolate. You won’t be able to resist…
12. Asda’s Blacksticks blue cheese Easter egg (available to purchase on the 16th March)
We promised you a collection of not-your-everyday Easter eggs and we, at delicious., never break our promises. Say hello to the world’s first spreadable cheese Easter egg, complete with oatcakes and a handmade chutney.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter