What to do with leftover mascarpone
Mascarpone is an Italian cream cheese – and it works really well in both savoury and sweet dishes.
So, if you’ve got a little left at the bottom of the pot, here are some great dinner and dessert options that will help you use it up.
Recipes using mascarpone
- Gnocchi with lemon, kale and mascarpone pesto
- Mushroom, Parma ham and mascarpone lasagne
- Coffee mascarpone trifles with caramel walnuts
- Baked blueberry and mascarpone cheesecake
How to use up leftover mascarpone
- No-churn ice cream
Whisk 150g mascarpone with 170g condensed milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Pour into a freezable container, fold in 1 tbsp of your favourite fruit purée, freeze for an easy ripple ice-cream.
- Quick tiramisu
Lightly soak 1/2 pack of sponge fingers in cold, strong coffee and a splash of Kahlúa or rum. Mix 150g mascarpone with 2tbsp icing sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Break the soaked fingers and later alternately in individual glasses with the mascarpone, then dust with cocoa powder.
- Extra creamy risotto. Stir 4tbsp mascarpone into risotto once it’s cooked to boost the rich, creamy texture.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...