What to do with leftover mascarpone
Mascarpone is an Italian cream cheese – and it works really well in both savoury and sweet dishes.
So, if you’ve got a little left at the bottom of the pot, here are some great dinner and dessert options that will help you use it up.
Recipes using mascarpone
- Gnocchi with lemon, kale and mascarpone pesto
- Mushroom, Parma ham and mascarpone lasagne
- Coffee mascarpone trifles with caramel walnuts
- Baked blueberry and mascarpone cheesecake
How to use up leftover mascarpone
- No-churn ice cream
Whisk 150g mascarpone with 170g condensed milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Pour into a freezable container, fold in 1 tbsp of your favourite fruit purée, freeze for an easy ripple ice-cream.
- Quick tiramisu
Lightly soak 1/2 pack of sponge fingers in cold, strong coffee and a splash of Kahlúa or rum. Mix 150g mascarpone with 2tbsp icing sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Break the soaked fingers and later alternately in individual glasses with the mascarpone, then dust with cocoa powder.
- Extra creamy risotto. Stir 4tbsp mascarpone into risotto once it’s cooked to boost the rich, creamy texture.