No-bake blackberry cheesecake
This very berry no-bake blackberry cheesecake is made using Skyr yoghurt, for a subtly tangy flavour and a lovely rich texture.
It’s a refreshing dessert that’s easy to make too. Give it a go with the full recipe.
Serves 8-10. Hands-on 30 min, plus 7 hours chilling.
For the biscuit base
- 150g hobnob biscuits
- 30g toasted hazelnuts
- 50g melted butter
For the cheesecake filling
- 2x 12g sachets gelatine powder
- 300g blackberries
- 4x 150g tubes Skyr mixed berry
- 360g cream cheese
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of fine salt
You’ll also need…
- 20cm springform cake tin, base lined with non-stick baking paper
- Add the biscuits and hazelnuts to the bowl of a food processor, whizz into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse briefly to combine (or bash biscuits and nuts in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, then add to a bowl and mix in the butter). Pack the crumb mix firmly onto the bottom of the prepared tin in an even layer, chill until firm for at least 1 hour.
- Put 3 tablespoons of cold water in a heatproof bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine powder, stir with a fork, then let it stand until spongy (5-10 minutes).
- Crush 100g of the blackberries in a small bowl with the back of a fork and set aside.
- Add the Skyr mixed berry, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt into a large mixing bowl, and beat until smooth using an electric hand mixer.
- Put the bowl of gelatine over a pan of gently simmering water, stir until completely dissolved. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool for 1 minute. Pour the gelatine mixture into the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine. Fold through the crushed blackberries, then pour the mixture onto the prepared biscuit base and smooth the top, cover the tin tightly with cling film, then chill for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, run a knife around the edge of the tin before releasing the cheesecake. Transfer to a serving plate and top with the remaining 200g blackberries.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...