North East finalists, Produce Awards 2017
Thank you for your nominations. Here are the shortlisted producers who have made it through to the final round…
11 North East food products from eight local producers have reached the finals of the delicious. Produce Awards 2017.
The regional judges were Jane Thornber, General Manager at the award winning farm shop Fodder; lecturer and broadcaster, Annie Stirk, and soup producer and founder of Yorkshire Provender Belinda Williams.
North East finalists are:
- Doddington Dairy, Wooler, Northumberland: Doddington Dairy Raspberry ‘Fruity Bottom’ Yogurt and Doddington Dairy Heather Honey Ice Cream
- Hesper Farm Skyr, Skipton, Yorkshire: Hesper Farm Skyr
- Moorland Spirit Company, Morpeth, Northumberland: Hepple Gin
- Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil, Malton, Yorkshire: Honey & Mustard Dressing
- Burtree Puddings, Darlington, County Durham: Gluten Free Christmas Pudding
- Drewton’s Farm Shop, South Cave, Yorkshire: Steak Pie
- T Soanes & Son Poultry, Driffield, East Riding: Free Range Whole Chicken
- Keelham Farm Shop, Thornton, Yorkshire: Steak Potato and Typsy Pig Pie and Turkey Cumberland Sausage and Personalised Pork Pie
The regional finalists will be judged at the national final in July by some of the top names in the food industry. The winning products and producers will be announced online and in the magazine’s October 2017 issue, and then featured throughout the year.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe