Bacon and pea quiche
- October 2012
- 375g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 medium free-range eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 35g parmesan, grated
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a 20cm fluted tart tin with the pastry, trimming any excess. Prick the base all over with a fork, then chill for 15 minutes. Line with baking paper, fill with baking beans or rice, then blind bake for 12 minutes. Remove the baking paper and beans/rice, then return to the oven for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolk and cream with the mustard. Season, then stir in the parmesan, peas and parsley. Scatter the crispy bacon over the base of the tart, then pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes until just set.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter