Herby pork patties
- August 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 30 min to cook
A scrummy summer treat – and ready to eat in just 45 minutes!
- 15g butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large celery stick, chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 350g free-range pork sausagemeat
- 350g free-range minced pork
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp each chopped fresh sage and fresh parsley
- Heat the butter and the 2 tbsp oil in a small pan.
- Add the onion, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft. Uncover, add the celery and red pepper, then re-cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Tip into a bowl and leave to coo
- Add the sausagemeat, minced pork, lemon zest, dried oregano, sage and parsley. Mix together well with some salt and pepper and shape into 8 x 100g patties.
- Fry gently in a little oil for 5-10 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
Be sure to chop the vegetables as finely as you can. It will be easier to mould the patties and get them to hold together when frying.
Rate & review