Bacon-wrapped chicken with dressed lentils
- October 2007
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 125g dried brown or green lentils
- 3 tbsp French dressing
- A handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Season the chicken and wrap each in 2 rashers of bacon to nearly cover. Sear in a hot frying pan for 2 minutes each side, until golden, then transfer to a roasting tin.
- Toss the shallots in the bacon fat left in the frying pan. Add to the tin and roast everything for 18-20 minutes, tossing the shallots halfway, until the chicken is cooked and the shallots golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils in simmering water for 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- Tip into a bowl and add the shallots, the dressing and the parsley. Toss well.
- Thickly slice the chicken and divide between 2 plates, along with the lentils. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...