- September 2015
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 5 min, cooking time 5-10 min
Sweet, ripe figs fresh from the oven match perfectly with crunchy walnuts and oozing cheese in this autumnal baked figs recipe. It’d be a wonderful option for a festive starter or side, too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2-3 ripe figs per person
- Handful of walnut pieces
- Clear honey for drizzling
- Wedges of rinded soft white cheese
- Chopped fresh thyme sprigs
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Halve the figs, then put them cut-side up in the prepared tray.
- Scatter over the walnut pieces and thyme, then drizzle with the honey.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until the figs have deepened in colour, the nuts are toasted and everything smells wonderful.
- Divide among serving plates and top with the cheese (we used French st-félicien, but vegetarians could use vegetarian brie or camembert). Grate over a little lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, then serve garnished with extra thyme and honey.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked honey figs with toasted almonds and vanilla cream
Ready in just 15 minutes, this is a delicious and speedy dessert recipe for midweek...