Basic pasta for a pasta maker
- May 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus drying
Got a pasta maker? Use our recipe to make the perfect pasta.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 375g ‘00’ flour or strong bread flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp sunflower or olive oil
- Place the ‘00’ flour and salt in the Kenwood Bowl. Add the eggs and sunflower or olive oil and, using the K Beater, mix on minimum speed or speed 1 for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs but is slightly moist.
- Fit the Pasta Maker with the preferred screen: Spaghetti, Tagliatelle, Macaroni, Lasagne or Rigatoni and, with the machine running on speed 2–3, drop small amounts of pasta dough mix into the feed tube. Leave to clear. Do not over-fill.
- Cut the pasta at preferred lengths (short for macaroni and rigatoni; long for spaghetti and tagliatelle.) Leave to dry for 30 minutes or allow to dry completely, before cooking.
- Wholemeal pasta: replace the plain flour with wholemeal flour.
- Pasta rossa: replace 1 egg with 75g tomato purée. pasta verde: replace 1 egg with 150g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry to remove all excess moisture. Adjust the flour quantity if necessary.
- Herb pasta: Add 60ml (4 tablespoons) finely chopped mixed fresh herbs to the dry ingredients in step 1.
This recipe is made using the Kenwood Chef and its K Beater and Pasta Maker attachments.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Trompette pesto pasta
Trompette mushrooms have an amazing dark brown, almost black, colour that not only looks great...