- May 2015
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus overnight chilling
This hearty breakfast recipe can be altered to include your favourite seasonal fruit.
- 13.1g (1g saturated)
- 77.7g (19.7g sugars)
For 6 servings
- 500g rolled oats
- 700ml apple juice
- Large squeeze lemon juice
- 50g almonds
- 3 small eating apples
- 4-5 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Clear honey to drizzle
- Sliced fresh fruit, such as grapes and apple, to serve (see tip)
- Put the oats in a medium shallow bowl. Pour over the apple juice and 250ml water, add a good squeeze of lemon juice and stir well. Cover and chill overnight (or see Make Ahead).
- When ready to serve, take the oats out of the fridge to come up to room temperature. Meanwhile, crush the almonds in a pestle and mortar to form rough crumbs (or finely chop with a sharp knife).
- Grate the apples into the oats and stir well. Add the yogurt to taste, then serve in bowls topped with the crushed almonds, a drizzle of honey and sliced fresh fruit.
Vary the fruit according to what’s in season, or add different chopped nuts, raisins, dried apricots or mixed seeds.
You can soak the oats 2-3 days in advance and keep in the fridge. Continue with the recipe from step 2.
Soaking oats overnight makes them easier for the body to digest.
Rate & review