Lime and coconut bircher muesli
- October 2016
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus overnight soaking
Make this tropical lime and coconut bircher recipe the night before to start the next morning off on the right track. The oats supply slow-release carbohydrate to keep you enrgised long after breakfast.
- 18.5g (10.6g saturated)
- 60.2g (9.9g sugars)
- 150g rolled oats
- 150ml almond milk
- 50ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- Juice ½ lime
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Put the oats into a mixing bowl, add the almond milk and boiling water and stir. Soak overnight, covered in cling film in the fridge.
- In the morning, stir in the honey, yogurt, lime juice and coconut, then serve with an extra drizzle of honey or your favourite fruit.
The oats are best soaked for 12 hours. They need at least 30 minutes and can be soaked for up to 24 hours, but you may need to add more liquid.
Oats supply slow-release carbohydrate to keep you energised long after breakfast. They’re also full of fibre and nutrients that help reduce levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
Rate & review