Apple muesli with blueberries and hazelnuts
- February 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 5 minutes to make, plus soaking overnight
This creamy yet low-fat overnight oats breakfast recipe is so simple. You can also try it with peaches and pecans or mango and Brazil nuts.
Love getting ahead with breakfast? Our mango overnight oats are a must-make breakfast recipe.
- 225g rolled porridge oats
- 100ml freshly-squeezed orange or apple juice
- 2 dessert apples
- 225ml low-fat natural bio yogurt
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- Finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 225g blueberries
- 50g lightly toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix the porridge oats, 300ml cold water and the fruit juice in a bowl. Cover with cling film and chill overnight.
- The next morning, core and coarsely grate the apples. Stir in with the yogurt, honey and lemon zest. Spoon into bowls and top with the blueberries and toasted hazelnuts.
There are lots of soluble fibre in this dish, which may help lower cholesterol levels. It also contains nuts, which are rich in monounsaturated fats, and fresh fruit, which is full of antioxidants.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This hearty breakfast recipe can be altered to include your favourite seasonal fruit.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...