Blue cheese, pear and rocket puff pastry tart
- July 2013
- Serves 4
- 15 min to prepare, 15 min to bake
This quick and easy tart recipe is made with Dolcelatte cheese and chopped macadamia nuts.
- 42.2g (18.6g saturated)
- 41.1g (14.8g sugars)
- 3 firm pears
- 15g butter
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 320g puff pastry
- 120g Dolcelatte cheese
- Handful chopped Macademia nuts
- Handful Rocket
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Cut 3 firm pears into wedges. In a frying pan, melt 15g butter with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar over a medium heat. Add the pears and cook for 2 minutes on each side until caramelised, then remove from the heat and season lightly.
- Unroll a 320g puff pastry sheet and score a 2cm border all around, then put it on a baking sheet.
- Arrange the pears over the pastry within the border, then scatter over 120g crumbled Dolcelatte cheese and a handful of roughly chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Season, then serve scattered with rocket and drizzled with a little more balsamic vinegar and some olive oil.
This tart can be made using a 500g puff pastry block (we like Jus-Rol all-butter). Wrap any leftovers in cling film and chill/freeze until needed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Dukkah-spiced pork with lentil, beetroot, feta and rocket salad
Dukkah-spiced pork works wonderfully with lentils, beetroot and feta in this quick and easy salad...
May seasonal recipes
Easy wholewheat spaghetti with rocket and goat’s cheese pesto
When it comes to pesto, the possibilities are endless – swap the classic recipe for...