Blue cheese, pear and rocket puff pastry tart
- July 2013
- Serves 4
- 15 min to prepare, 15 min to bake
This quick and easy tart recipe is made with Dolcelatte cheese and chopped macadamia nuts.
- 42.2g (18.6g saturated)
- 41.1g (14.8g sugars)
- 3 firm pears
- 15g butter
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 320g puff pastry
- 120g Dolcelatte cheese
- Handful chopped Macademia nuts
- Handful Rocket
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Cut 3 firm pears into wedges. In a frying pan, melt 15g butter with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar over a medium heat. Add the pears and cook for 2 minutes on each side until caramelised, then remove from the heat and season lightly.
- Unroll a 320g puff pastry sheet and score a 2cm border all around, then put it on a baking sheet.
- Arrange the pears over the pastry within the border, then scatter over 120g crumbled Dolcelatte cheese and a handful of roughly chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Season, then serve scattered with rocket and drizzled with a little more balsamic vinegar and some olive oil.
This tart can be made using a 500g puff pastry block (we like Jus-Rol all-butter). Wrap any leftovers in cling film and chill/freeze until needed.
Rate & review