Blueberry cheesecake blondies
- June 2016
- Makes 15
- Hands-on time 35 min, oven time 20 min, plus cooling and chilling
A rich cheesecake filling and a tangy blueberry compote are swirled through gooey white chocolate blondies…No ifs or buts – make them now!
Try our tahini, brown butter and sea salt blondies too – they really are as good as they sounds.
- 14.6g (8.8g saturated)
- 33.1g (21.3g sugars)
- 230g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g light brown sugar
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g blueberries
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
For the blueberry compote
- 140g blueberries
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For the cheesecake
- ½ medium free-range egg, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 60g full-fat cream cheese
- 20g unsalted butter
- 15g caster sugar
You’ll also need…
- A 27cm x 18cm x 4cm tin, greased and base lined with a strip of paper big enough to cover the base and up 2 sides, with a 3cm overhang
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. To make the compote, cook the 140g blueberries in a small pan with the 30g sugar, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water for 5-7 min until the berries start to break down. Take off the heat, then whizz with a hand mixer. Strain in a sieve over a bowl, pushing down with a spoon (discard what’s left in the sieve).
- Combine the cheesecake ingredients in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- For the blondie base, sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. In another large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Fold in the flour mixture to combine. Fold in the 110g blueberries and the chocolate. Pour the mixture over the prepared tin.
- Spoon 3 lines of the cheesecake mix down the length of the tin, then drizzle the blueberry compote on top of the lines, in the centre of each. Drag the tip of a knife through the mix in a swirling pattern. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is just set. Cool in the tin, then chill for 2 hours. Bring back to room temperature; serve cut into squares.
Make, cool and chill, covered, for 24 hours, or freeze for up to 1 month, well wrapped. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...