Chocolate French toast
- May 2012
- Serves 4-6
- Ready in 20 minutes
Or, how about these chocolate-filled toasted croissants for breakfast?
- 22.8g (7.6g saturated)
- 49g (31.2 sugar)
- 1 loaf white farmhouse bread
- 140g milk chocolate spread
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 100ml double cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- knob of butter
- Cut 8 thin slices from a loaf of white farmhouse bread. Spread 4 of the slices generously with 140g milk chocolate spread and top with the other slices to make 4 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
- In a shallow bowl, beat 2 medium free-range eggs with 100ml double cream. On a plate, mix 100g caster sugar with 2 tsp ground cinnamon. Dip the chocolate sandwiches into the egg and cream mix, soaking well on both sides.
- Heat a knob of butter in a large frying pan and fry the sandwiches in batches for a couple of minutes on each side until golden (you may need more butter). Remove to the plate with the cinnamon sugar and coat both sides of the sandwiches. Serve while still warm and melting.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
Use up leftover panettone to make this french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts...
Chocolate-filled French toast
If you really want to treat your family, make them fingers of French toast sandwiched...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...