Braised peas and carrots
- April 2005
- for 8 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
Along with the traditional peas and carrots, we have spring onions and (gasp) lettuce in this easy dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
Per serving: 92kcals, 3.8g fat (1.9g saturated), 4.5g protein, 10.9g carbs, 5.5g sugar, 0.1g salt
- 25g butter
- Small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 450g Chantenay or baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 200ml fresh vegetable stock
- 450g frozen peas
- 1 Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Melt the butter in a large, wide saucepan over a medium heat. Add the sliced spring onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the carrots and vegetable stock and stir well. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the peas and lettuce, return to the boil and cook for a further 4 minutes, until the carrots are tender. Season to taste and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Christmas trimmings, sides and sauces
Honey and balsamic roasted heritage carrots with hazelnuts
These sweet-roasted carrots with an added hazelnut crunch are a fantastic side dish for any...