What to do with leftover brussels sprouts
Find out what to do with leftover brussels sprouts after Christmas and have a go at one of these recipes, including salads, gratins and pasties.
Brussels sprouts aren’t just for Christmas lunch, they can be used in lots of wonderful ways. Try these 10 recipes to use up your leftover sprouts.
1. Black pudding bubble and squeak cakes with eggs and quick hollandaise – serve this for your Boxing Day brunch.
2. Spaghetti with kale and brussels sprout pesto – this seasonal pesto makes a great midweek meal.
3. Bubble and squeak jacket potatoes – crispy bacon, cream cheese, cheddar and spring onions stuffed into fluffy jacket potatoes makes a perfect festive lunch.
4. Breaded chicken with stir-fried cabbage and sprouts – make a speedy stir-fry with these winter vegetables.
5. Easy baked fish and chips with fried brussels sprouts – crispy sprouts and crispy potatoes are perfect with white fish.
6. Herb-crusted lamb with a gratin of leeks and brussels sprouts – this creamy, cheesy gratin is a brussels sprout game-changer
7. Turkey, sprout and stuffing pasties – serve these as part of a Boxing Day buffet.
8. Creamy brussels sprouts gratin with walnuts – covered in cheese, cream, wine and breadcrumbs, even the sprout-haters will love this.
9. Middle Eastern-style brussels sprout salad – if you’ve never had raw sprouts in a salad, you need to try this.
10. Brussels sprout mash – this quick mash is great as a side dish.