Brown knot rolls with pumpkin seeds
- April 2007
- 500g strong brown or granary bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- pumpkin seeds
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast. Make a well in the centre and gradually mix in 300ml warm water and the oil until the dough comes together – add a dash more water if it seems dry.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes, until smooth. Divide the kneaded dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long sausage shape, then tie it in a knot, tucking the ends in neatly underneath. Place on a large, oiled baking sheet, spaced well apart. Prove for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Brush with milk, scatter with pumpkin seeds and bake for about 15 minutes.Cool on a wire rack and slice to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter