- July 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Tagliatelle is stirred through a creamy Caesar dressing in this quick and easy pasta dish. Salty anchovies and parmesan make this a super tasty meal, but you could easily swap them both for veggie friendly alternatives.
- 12.9g (4.8g saturated)
- 66.5g (3.1g sugars)
- 300g tagliatelle
- 4 tsp light olive oil
- 60g dried breadcrumbs
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 baby gem lettuces, quartered lengthways
- 8-10 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 70g parmesan, finely grated
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water, according to the pack instructions, reserving 50ml of the cooking water before draining.
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the breadcrumbs and 1 crushed garlic clove for 1-2 minutes, stirring until golden. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil to the frying pan and turn up the heat to medium-high. Char the lettuce on all sides, then turn down the heat to low-medium and
add the remaining garlic and half the anchovies and spring onions. Cook for
2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat, toss the drained pasta in the frying pan with the baby gems and the remaining anchovies and spring onions, the reserved pasta cooking water, beaten eggs and parmesan and mix well so the hot pasta cooks the eggs to form a smooth sauce.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and parsley, then season to taste with cracked black pepper and salt. Serve in warm bowls and eat straightaway.
For a veggie version, swap the parmesan for a vegetarian hard cheese and swap anchovies and Worcestershire sauce for 75g pitted, chopped kalamata olives and a few dashes of mushroom ketchup.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...