Chorizo and ricotta penne
- June 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
This chorizo and ricotta penne pasta is the epitome of quick and easy. All you need are six ingredients and 20 minutes to make this one. Sound good? Check out the rest of our 20 minute recipes.
- 27.7g (9.9g saturated)
- 56.2g (2.9g sugars)
- 300g penne pasta
- 200g cooking chorizo, sausages squeezed out of the skins (we used Unearthed, from Waitrose)
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 60g rocket
- 175g ricotta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo, breaking it up as you go, for about 5 minutes until golden. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the drained pasta and a splash of the reserved cooking liquid to the pan with the chorizo, adding a little more liquid if needed to loosen the sauce. Mix well to coat the pasta and heat through.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the basil and rocket. Dot over the ricotta, drizzle with a little oil, mix gently and serve.
Rate & review