Cheat’s cauliflower tortelloni cheese
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
We’ve used ready-made cheese sauce and tortelloni to make this hearty cauliflower cheese-pasta bake combination – weeknight dinner couldn’t be easier.
Or if you fancy gnocchi try our gnocchi cauliflower cheese recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 large cauliflower (about 850g), trimmed and cut into small florets
- 300g pack fresh cheese tortelloni
- 500g tub fresh cheese pasta sauce
- 225g pack fresh baby spinach leaves
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g pack mozzarella, drained and torn into small pieces
- Preheat the grill to medium. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the cauliflower. Cook for 3 minutes, add the tortelloni and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the cauliflower is tender. Drain well, reserving 100ml of the cooking liquid, and tip into a 2.5-litre gratin dish.
- Heat the cheese pasta sauce in a pan. Add the spinach leaves and the reserved cooking liquid and stir until the spinach wilts.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and cauliflower, and scatter with the tomatoes. Drain the mozzarella, then tear into small pieces and scatter over the top. Grill for 5 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Perfect served with a crisp green salad.
Rate & review