Cauliflower cheese-style gnocchi
- November 2004
- Serves 2
- less than 30 minutes
Transform cauliflower cheese from a side dish to a main with the simple addition of gnocchi. You can find good quality ready-made cheese sauce in most supermarket chiller aisles.
If you have a little more time, try this cauliflower and macaroni cheese.
- 400g gnocchi
- A handful each of cauliflower and broccoli florets
- A handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- 275ml fresh cheese sauce
- Grated Pecorino or Parmesan
- Cook 400g gnocchi according to packet instructions. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high.
- Cook a handful each of cauliflower and broccoli florets in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain the gnocchi and vegetables, then mix together in a shallow, heatproof dish. Scatter over a handful of halved cherry tomatoes then season to taste.
- Heat a 275ml tub of fresh cheese sauce in the microwave according to tub instructions. Pour over the gnocchi and vegetables. Scatter with grated Pecorino or Parmesan, season with black pepper and pop under the hot grill until golden and bubbling.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter