Cheat’s chicken satay with cabbage and carrot slaw
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A tub of peanut butter, a jar of curry paste and a pot of yoghurt is all you need for our cheat’s satay sauce. Give it a go in this cheat’s chicken satay recipe for an easy dinner you can make in just 25 minutes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 13g (2.7g saturated)
- 9.4g (8.1g sugars)
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp mild curry paste
- 100g low-fat natural yogurt
- 8 free-range skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3cm chunks
- 100g sugar snap peas, sliced lengthways
- 150g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice ½ lime, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- Heat the grill to high. Put the peanut butter, curry paste and yogurt in a mixing bowl, then mix together until combined.
- Add the chicken, tossing to coat, then thread onto 8 kebab skewers (see tip) and put on a baking tray. Grill for 20 minutes, turning regularly, until the chicken is lightly charred and cooked through (cut into the largest piece to check it’s cooked).
- Meanwhile, to make the slaw, put the vegetables in a mixing bowl and toss with the sesame oil and lime juice. Season well with salt and pepper, then stir in the coriander. Serve 2 satay sticks per person on a bed of slaw with extra coriander and lime wedges to squeeze over.
If using wooden skewers, soak in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes to prevent them from burning.
Rate & review