Cheat’s prawn laksa
- July 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make and 10 min to cook
Try our cheat’s version of the Malaysian noodle soup that’s ready in just 20 minutes. Sprinkle crushed dried chilli on top for extra spice.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 135g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ready-diced shallots or 2 shallots, diced
- 1 heaped tbsp tom yam chilli paste
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 150g raw, peeled king prawns
- 60g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- A handful of beansprouts
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- A few fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over the rice noodles, leave for 5 minutes until soft, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan and soften the shallots. Stir in 1 heaped tbsp tom yam chilli paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and add prawns, sugar snap peas and a handful beansprouts. Simmer for 3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through.
- Divide the noodles between 2 bowls and pour over the laksa sauce. Top with spring onions and a few fresh coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges, to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick prawn laksa
Enjoy a taste of the exotic with this delightfully quick and easy prawn laksa recipe.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...