Cheat’s tandoori chicken with cucumber rice salad
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, grill time 12 min, plus marinating
Marinating this on a Thursday night is the secret to an awesome end-of-week treat better than any takeaway.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 9.1g (2.4g saturated)
- 35.7g (3.4g sugars)
- 100g full-fat greek yogurt
- 50g madras curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 free-range chicken breast fillets, each one halved horizontally to make 2 thinner fillets
- 2 x 250g pouches ready-to-heat basmati rice
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 fresh mint sprigs, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- Mango chutney to serve
- Combine the yogurt, curry paste and crushed garlic in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the halved chicken breast fillets and coat. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay the chicken fillets on the foil. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through and golden with a nice bit of charring.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice according to the pack instructions, then put in a mixing bowl with the cucumber and herbs. Whisk the rice vinegar, oil, sugar and plenty of salt and pepper in a bowl, then toss through the rice salad. Serve the chicken with the rice and mango chutney.
Any curry paste will work here. Try a tikka masala or korma paste for a milder flavour, if you like.
Marinate the chicken up to a day ahead and keep covered in the fridge. The longer it marinates, the more flavourful and tender it will be.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Anjum Anand’s Tandoori-style chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make and even easier to devour....
Chicken thigh recipes
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...