Cheat’s tandoori chicken with cucumber rice salad
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, grill time 12 min, plus marinating
Marinating this on a Thursday night is the secret to an awesome end-of-week treat better than any takeaway.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 9.1g (2.4g saturated)
- 35.7g (3.4g sugars)
- 100g full-fat greek yogurt
- 50g madras curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 free-range chicken breast fillets, each one halved horizontally to make 2 thinner fillets
- 2 x 250g pouches ready-to-heat basmati rice
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 fresh mint sprigs, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- Mango chutney to serve
- Combine the yogurt, curry paste and crushed garlic in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the halved chicken breast fillets and coat. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay the chicken fillets on the foil. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through and golden with a nice bit of charring.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice according to the pack instructions, then put in a mixing bowl with the cucumber and herbs. Whisk the rice vinegar, oil, sugar and plenty of salt and pepper in a bowl, then toss through the rice salad. Serve the chicken with the rice and mango chutney.
Any curry paste will work here. Try a tikka masala or korma paste for a milder flavour, if you like.
Marinate the chicken up to a day ahead and keep covered in the fridge. The longer it marinates, the more flavourful and tender it will be.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Anjum Anand’s Tandoori-style chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make and even easier to devour....
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....